EFFECTIVE. HEALTHY. PRODUCTIVE
What is Nisin?
Nisin is a natural antimicrobial agent that is highly effective against a broad spectrum of food borne (pathogenic) bacteria. It is used as a preservative in heat processed foods and those with a low pH.
THE BENEFITS OF NISIN:
- It is effective against gram positive bacterium and bacterial spores.
- It is broadly used to control the deterioration in processed cheese products and other heat processed and packaged foods.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
- Can be made with a suspended solution or added directly to boiled water
- Mix at a 5% concentrate and stir well.
- Can be used in combination with other preservatives as a compound preservative
DID YOU KNOW?
Nisin cannot be chemically synthesised. It is produced through a controlled fermentation of the nisin-producing L. lactis bacteria.
Throughout the emerging markets of Africa, processed foods and cheeses are growing in popularity. Ensure that your foods have the shelf life extension and high quality. Contact Prime Pharma to find out more about Nisin and other quality products.